Recipe modified from http://www.thomasbreads.com
Makes 2 servings- $2-3 a serving!
- 2 bagels, split and toasted – 4 for $6 from Helena Ave. Bakery
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, sliced – ~$2-5 for 8oz.
- 6 tbsp pesto – $3 a container at Trader Joe’s
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved – ~$0.60 a lb
- 8 fresh basil leaves, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler or oven to 350 F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pesto onto cut sides of each bagel half.
- Top each evenly with cheese, tomatoes and remaining pesto.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and broil 6 inches from heat, until cheese is melted, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and season with black pepper if desired and serve.