Recipe modified from www.rasamalaysia.com
Serves 2-3 – less than $2 a serving!
- 1/2lb asparagus (about 20 stalks) – ask slack tomorrow
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Squirts of lemon juice, optional – $.50 a lemon
- Cut the bottom part of the asparagus stems, about 1/2 inch.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
- Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Add a squirt or two lemon juice, if using. Once the asparagus becomes tender and just cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately.